Day 20: MC-1 Part I: Hardware

The MC-1, abbreviation for Monster Car 1, is based on parts of a car that once was remote controlled. My wife chose this name because she thinks it is ugly as a monster.

The front wheels are turned by a solenoid. Since the current provided by the L293D is limited, I created this workaround. When the servo moves, it causes the paper clips to close an electric circuit and activate the solenoid.

Relay-Workaround

I have created a standard for the wiring–The connectors that provide power are females and the one that receive power are males. Hence, I don’t have energized male connectors touching each other causing short-circuits. I used glued tape to group the wires together and label them. In this way, it will be easier reconnect the chassis to the board.

MC1-Board MC1-Chassis

I used Velcro to attach the breadboard and the Raspberry Pi to the car. This is how the final assembly looks like.

MC1-v1.0

Advertisements